Translate

Monday, October 2, 2017

Day 2 - Weight Loss God’s Way

PRAY: Jesus, I confess that I have made this quest for the perfect body more important than you. Thank you that you are calling me to learn how to move with you. I say, “Yes!” Please come and teach me how my body was designed to move. Do so that I might be freed up to love you with all of me and that I would love people well from my overflow – Amen

day-two-weight-loss-gods-way/


Chritian Weight Loss
Day Two: Weight Loss God’s Way
Workout of the Day: (WOD)
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God–this is your true and proper worship.”
Romans 12:1
When I go to the gym, I see worshipers. When you understand the word worship, you will see it too. Worship is not some high holy word. Everybody worships.
The word worship, as used in the Greek language, means “to be devoted to or spend oneself on.” Webster’s online dictionary defines worship as “…a derivative of the old English word ‘worthsip’ meaning, ‘an attitude or action that gives worth or value to something.’”
Everybody is spending themselves on something. Pouring themselves over; working hard at; spending their time, talent, and energy on something at all times. We were all created to worship. It’s God’s way of saying, “I made you for myself.”
I believe there is nothing more whole and all-encompassing of one person’s total self, than when they engage in something physical. Your mind has to continually tell your body how to move, while your heart keeps giving you the fuel, physically (blood & oxygen) and spiritually (soul motivation), to keep moving. Activity and motion that occurs on the surface is the perfect time to train your deepest beliefs and motivations for life! I pray you won’t look at working out the same ever again. We hope to “marvelously ruin” you when it comes to working out. It’s time to let the unrelenting power and force of God’s love train you up.
Today, we are going to move as an act of worship.
But first we are going to learn how to move better before we move stronger or faster. Let’s avoid senseless pain and injury by learning how our body was meant to move.
TRAIN: Watch and train with me in these two foundational workout videos from VIPtv, our monthly online workout subscription. Everyone can and needs to do these videos. Movement without intention is downright silly. These two videos are going to teach you how to move and use the body God has gifted to you. Everybody needs to move better before they move faster or stronger. Remember…your body is not broken, God just needs to show you how it works!


FREQUENCY: You have two days, until our next WOD, to complete this task. Use the #hisway31days when you have completed and to keep you entered into our drawing for free swag!
INTENSITY: Be intentional and learn how your body works.

No comments:

Post a Comment