Translate

Monday, August 29, 2016

Where Is Your Strength?


by Bryant Wright
DESCRIPTION
God doesn’t promise to meet tomorrow’s need today. He promises to meet today’s need today.
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped (Psalm 28:7, NIV).

He had not spoken with her since high school and was enjoying their impromptu reunion. She had been his favorite teacher,  and her impact went far beyond the facts and information she had taught. It was also in the character she had role-modeled.

He proudly told her of the things he had accomplished and of his family. “How’s Millie?” he then asked, referring to her energetic, always-smiling eight-year-old daughter, whom he had often seen playing in the classroom after school. The teacher’s eyes suddenly became sad and misty as she told him that Millie had died a few years earlier. “She had an unexpected and unexplained heart attack when she was twenty-three.”

“I don’t know how it is possible to handle that,” the man responded. “I could never have the strength to handle the death of my child.”

Then his former teacher presented him with one more bit of wisdom. “I’ve discovered that sometimes God does not give us the strength we need until we need it,” she said. “But then, when you do need it, you can always count on His providing it.”

Do you believe that? Will you choose to believe that? When the need comes, God will meet the need. Not before it comes, but when it comes. God doesn’t promise to meet tomorrow’s need today. He promises to meet today’s need today.

No comments:

Post a Comment