Translate

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Separation: Day 1 - What can separation mean?

Happy 2017 - 

I feel that the lord has placed it in my heart to try to understand the meaning of separation. But I'm not sure what the next 7 days will bring but I'm eager to learning and I hope you can come along. 

My first stop is trying to define the word; and according to Merriam-Webster's the definition that resonated with me was: (a) a point, line, or means of division (b) an intervening space - gap. 

This definition made me think of countless times in my life, where there was a turning point. Whether by choice, action or intersection; I moved from one place to another or my views changed. Whatever it was I changed, I had become a different version of me. Good or bad I wasn't the same; and to be honest I don't always take the time to notice that. 

In the first book, in the very first chapter; God does a lot of separating. In the beginning there was God and nothingness. He separated them and inserted the heavens and the earth. That was a major turning point, for us human beings because he didn't have to. However he wasn't done, this earth he created, was deeply filled water, that his spirit hoovered over. 

He was like I'm not feeling this darkness and going to add some light; and he give this names, Morning and Night!

He made choices and acted on them; he had a thought and put it into action. Now I'm not God nor can I see the future. However I'm reminded of an 8 year old me being ask at my christian camp in upstate NY; would I like to accept Jesus Christ as my personal lord and savior. That little girl did not know that her choice would so important to her life. 

I'm realizing that the next few days will be spent in reflection with the word and myself. Looking at the points time that I have separated myself to form the me I am today; who is always changing. 

It's a new year, and it wouldn't hurt to take a look back and interview the old you! 

Biblegateway Genesis NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment