Translate

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Father's Plan


by Mark Jeske
DESCRIPTION
The greater our lives are aligned with His plan, the greater our satisfaction and joy in life.
The gospel message is based on mysteries and paradoxes that seem illogical and unbelievable to outsiders to the faith. Take the Trinity, for example. How can God be three and one at the same time? Is there one mind or three? one will or three? one power or three?

God tells you about Himself not to explain enough so that you understand but rather so that you appreciate and worship Him. He tells you of His essential unity, but He reveals that three distinct persons are at work in the universe.

It is the Father whom Scripture describes as the grand Planner. In servant mode during His earthly ministry, Jesus gave 100% of His attention and respect to the Father’s saving design: “When you have lifted up (i.e., crucified) the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him” (John 8:28,29).

From all eternity, even before mankind’s fall into sin, the Father lovingly predesigned the rescue He foreknew His Son would need to carry out. The greater our lives are aligned with His plan, the greater our satisfaction and joy in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment