Translate

Friday, January 31, 2014

Testimony - My Year with Jesus - 2013 ( Sheila )

2013 started out with a renewed sense of spirit I was scared but hopefully very much like a per-teen having to hang with the big kids! I was willing to submit to obeying the Lord and this was new for me. I would always hear him but I just didn't hear him! 

Like a child I would run to him when I needed him, or felt alone within this world and that no one could hear me! But there I was at the end of 2012 looking through the window of 2013 and seeing this hunk of a being smile at me; saying "hey beautiful want to go for a walk with me?". And I said yes! I was scared to get out of the hut I built myself in to hide away from him, thinking it was to hide from the world. You see I had never really known what it was like to not be carried on his back and actually walk side by side with my Lord.

As I walked with him in 2013; I realized towards its end how strong my feet had gotten from walking bare through the hills and valleys, through the shores and mountains of this world; and all that time I didn't let go of his hand. And believe me there were many times I looked at his back and fondly remembered its comfort, but it felt good to be this big girl and go wherever he would lead me. 

As I continue my journey with Jesus, my love for him continues to grow, but I know it will never reach the love he has for you and me!

Psalm 116:8-9

New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
For you, Lord, have delivered me from death,
    my eyes from tears,
    my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before the Lord
    in the land of the living.


No comments:

Post a Comment