Translate

Sunday, January 20, 2013

offensive and defensive prayer

My reading was from Revelation 1:17-20 So tonight we discussed offensive and defensive verses. In the bible there are many points of view that we can read to assist us in a daily walk in this world. One of my god-sisters read from Psalm 1, and stated that she recites this passage every time she feels that she is around people that want to bring harm to her. ( defensive ) I read from revelations cause I adore the line "Then he placed his right hand in me and said "do not be afraid. i am the first and last." My verse is to share the wonder and peace of God, while the other is to warn. ( offensive ) I am reminded that our God is a mighty God who has the power to heal and to wound. It is important to remember that not all things in life are roses; roses may be beautiful but they have thorns too! We should also protect ourselves with the amour of God or in this case gardening gloves!

No comments:

Post a Comment