Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

God Keeps His Promises

Jan 16 - 1 Kings 18:41-45 & Zechariah 4:10 So tonight I talked about how god doesn't lie ( Hebrews 6:18 ) - I was watching a sermon from the church or the redeemer, and the young pastor hit the nail on the head. I hate waiting. When I know God has made promises with me, and I feel like they are not happening I do start to doubt, but I always have to keep praying and believing because God doesn't lie to us. But at the same time, I have to obey him, which I know I don't 95% of the time. Its like I said to my god-sisters', that I am not spiritual starved, just suffering from spiritual malnutrition! I allow myself to just get enough of God's word, fellowship with my sisters not to die spiritual. I would pray to God, but not really want a reply from him. Its like I am texting God - "hey God <3, LOL BTW BRB!" and not looking for a reply text. I have been doing a one-side conversation, and letting the rest of my life drown out God, so that I didn't have to listening. Without listening how was I to really know if his promises for me were being kept. I needed to be in touch with God be on a more intimate relationship with him, to know what he needs of me in order to fulfil his promise. So as I was talking with one of my sisters tonight I was happy just to know that the smallest obedience of starting this pray time has, and will continue to move in my life and theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment