Translate

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Stardust - Heart's Desire

Something has been on my mind and its about how certain movies we watch can remind us of scripture. For the first week of October; I feel we are going to continue from last month of finding songs that relate to our love of christ, to movies!

Here is how it will work - watch a movie or remember one that you have seen and see what points of the film God reminds you of and let him lead you to scripture that relates, and share. 

Here is an example - The movie "Stardust" from 2007 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stardust_(2007_film) 

The main plot of the story is about a guy and a girl who met and fall in love. The boy's grandfather on his deathbed throws out into the nights sky a large ruby stone and it happens to hit a star; knocking it out of the sky. The star falls and it's the girl. In order to impress some other girl the boys sets off to find the fallen star not knowing its the girl. 

Along the way, trying to get back to his home with the star girl, he finds his long lost thought to be dead mother, his uncles who want the stone which was picked up by the star so they could inherit the kingdom , some witches who want the star so they could stay young, and a cross dressing sky pirates.

In the end the star girl gives her heart to the boy and they ruled the grandfather's kingdom for 80 years. 

Now, you are probably wondering what scripture I could have possibly found that has anything to do with anything in the bible; but I did!


“‘For here’s what I’m going to do: I’m going to take you out of these countries, gather you from all over, and bring you back to your own land. I’ll pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I’ll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I’ll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that’s God-willed, not self-willed. I’ll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands. You’ll once again live in the land I gave your ancestors. You'll be my people! I’ll be your God!
Ezekiel 36:23-25 

Ok so when you, or if you plan to see the film this will make a lot of sense. 

  1. The boy was taken away from his land where he lived to go search for the star. 
  2. His mother, his uncles and the witches came from all over 
  3. The star girl had to take a bath and get washed clean
  4. She got a new heart when she fell in love with the boy
  5. Ruby Stone equals stone heart
  6. He returned to his grandfather's kingdom = land of his ancestors

So it is funny living in my mind! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment