Translate

Sunday, April 21, 2013

About TGSL - The Godly Spiritual Ladies


The Godly Spiritual Ladies begin by simple obedience on the night of 12/31/12. The lord moved me, urged me to hear the word by attending a service for the New Year. I don’t drive so it’s not like I could get out the house and go. No one near me was going to church for me to ask, so I asked God now what am I to do. Pointing me to my computer I started looking up local churches. I could have just logged on looking for any church in the nation but it had to be local; God had a plan I knew nothing about at the time.

I was lead to Church of the Redeemer in Gaithersburg, MD. At first I thought it was a church on my bus route; it was not but that comes later. That night Pastor Dale said many wonderful things but what hit me most was what he talked about unpacking the things and people that really did nothing to uplift my life and to pack up those that do. Man, how can I explain how that really reverberated in me; to honestly look at myself from 2012 and to see what I had packed up to carry with me into 2013.

I started to unpack issues, situations, people and thoughts that were taking up space in my life suitcase. As I repacked I allowed the Lord to choose what must be entered, because he was reclaiming my 2013 for his glory and not mine.

He placed it in my heart to continue listening to Pastor Dale the next Sunday online, but he required I contact my god-sisters Gwen and Anna (Leis) to pray for the first 7 days on the New Year. Then the Lord led us to do it every first 7 days of each month; 3 days a week for the entire month. He then made it possible for me not use the excuse of not driving to go physical to the Church of the Redeemer; which is when I learned it was not on my bus route or any other on Sunday. The Lord knew that my mother and baby brother would not have an issue dropping me off to church on their way to theirs. And he knew the church has a shuttle that takes people to the nearest train station.

He has led us to share the scriptures through an online blog, to set up an email for prayer request, an online social group on facebook; and we even got t-shirts in the works to proudly testify who we serve. People already see that in us without all these things but this is our testimony to world that obedience is not easy but the prize of God’s grace out weights any cost.

Thank you for reading,

Sheila - Group Leader, blog writer, planner & whatever else I’m asked to do!
Gwen – head assistant group leader, assistant blog writer, & event coordinator  
Anna (aka Leis) - assistant group leader, scriptures leader & worship leader
Tenisha - assistant group leader, prayer leader, assistant worship leader & admin

No comments:

Post a Comment