Translate

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

His house, not mine!

Whom do I belong to? do I belong to myself? can I really do as I please? Will that make me truly happy? Here are some questions I ask myself as I read this chapter in Haggai. 



Haggai 1:2-6

New International Version (NIV)
This is what the Lord Almighty says: “These people say, ‘The time has not yet come to rebuild the Lord’s house.’”

To me the "house" here is me! That I go through my life as if I can put God to the side and fix my intimate relationship with him at a later time.  


Then the word of the Lord came through the prophet Haggai:

Sometimes it is necessary for god to send others to talk to you, cause clearly you are not listening to him!


 “Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?


Many times I get myself to thinking that I am doing pretty good and thinking life is a bed of roses. While forgetting that roses have thorns and need to be trimmed cause sooner rather then later i will cut pricked!



Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. You have planted much, but harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it.”



This portions really gets me, cause it really touches on, no matter how much we do in our lives. Without Christ it means and is nothing cause we gain nothing. 

It reminds me of the lyrics

I don't wanna go through the motionsI don't wanna go one more dayWithout Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life askingWhat if I had given everythingInstead of going through the motions?

Read more: MATTHEW WEST - THE MOTIONS LYRICS 

No comments:

Post a Comment