Translate

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Names for God


by Ignite Your Faith
DESCRIPTION
Learning the names of God can help add to your worship and praise of Him.
Wonderful Counselor

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)

It's comforting to have someone who will just listen when I'm hurt and need to cry.

I can come to you whenever I want.

You always have time for me.

You are a wise and Wonderful Counselor. (You run the whole world, after all, so I know I can trust you with my life.)

When I'm confused and need to talk, you always offer good advice.

I can always count on your wisdom.

Mighty God

I see your might in the waves that crash against a rocky seacoast.

I see your strength when lightning streaks through the sky, and when thunder shakes the earth.

I remember your power when fire blazes through a forest, turning everything into charred stubble.

With the power of life and death in your hands, nothing I ask could be too hard for you to accomplish.

When my requests are in your will, you'll shove aside mountains to answer my prayers.

Everlasting Father

You always understand, always forgive, always deliver on your promises.

You're always interested in me, concerned about even the smallest details in my life (not to mention your concern for the billions of other people on this planet).

Always providing for all my needs, always gentle, always patient, always kind.

People may let me down, but you will always be there.

I long to feel the warmth of your huge hugs, to climb into your lap and forget about grades and dates and who likes me and who doesn't.

I want to rest in your loving arms forever.

Prince of Peace

The news blares of violence in the streets, in the schools and everywhere.

And in my school, too.

Misunderstanding reigns among family and friends.

Stereotypes and racial tension push people apart.

And the poor hate the rich.

And guys use girls and girls manipulate guys.

Sometimes I wonder what kingdom you're prince over.

But then I see those who love you:

People of different races praying together.

The rich sharing with the poor.

Respect flowing from guy to girl and back again.

Your people love you and this spills out to a hate-filled world.

Wonderful Counselor, guide me forever by your wisdom. Mighty God, help me trust in your strength. Everlasting Father, keep me in your care. Prince of Peace, I want you to rule my heart.

Written by Diane Eble

No comments:

Post a Comment