Translate

Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Lovely Jesus Christ

My Thoughts - Being able to take what little you got and making the best out of it. With Sam-soon, she was given less than a few hours to make a cake for and pastry job interview. She did not have time to go out and buy things, so she used what was at home. The cake was not pretty but it was made with honest love of baking and it was delicious and she got the job. With Christ he only had five small barley loaves and two small fishes; with that he was able to feed 5000!. Now of course he is Jesus but it was the lesson; of making due with what you've got with an honest love of who and what you are doing in life. 


Tv Show -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lovely_Sam_Soon  Kim Sam Soon (Kim Sun Ah) is a baker who has a talent in making pastries and cakes. On Christmas Eve, she caught her boyfriend, Min Hyun Woo (Lee Kyu Han), cheating on her and breaks up on the same night. On that same night, she accidentally went into the men's restroom and met Hyun Jin Hun (Hyun Bin), a somewhat callous fellow but sometimes considerate guy. By sheer coincidence, Jin Hun needs a baker for his restaurant Bon Appetit and Sam Soon is unemployed. Sam Soon is hired as the restaurant's chief baker and the two fights like cat and dog. Nevertheless, they started to have feeling for each other and Sam Soon agreed to post as Jin Hun's girlfriend so his mother would leave him alone. Things got complicated when Jin Hun's ex-girlfriend Yoo Hee Jin came back from the States intending to win him back.

Scripture - 


John 6:1-15

The Message (MSG)

Bread and Fish for All

1-4 After this, Jesus went across the Sea of Galilee (some call it Tiberias). A huge crowd followed him, attracted by the miracles they had seen him do among the sick. When he got to the other side, he climbed a hill and sat down, surrounded by his disciples. It was nearly time for the Feast of Passover, kept annually by the Jews.
5-6 When Jesus looked out and saw that a large crowd had arrived, he said to Philip, “Where can we buy bread to feed these people?” He said this to stretch Philip’s faith. He already knew what he was going to do.
Philip answered, “Two hundred silver pieces wouldn’t be enough to buy bread for each person to get a piece.”
8-9 One of the disciples—it was Andrew, brother to Simon Peter—said, “There’s a little boy here who has five barley loaves and two fish. But that’s a drop in the bucket for a crowd like this.”
10-11 Jesus said, “Make the people sit down.” There was a nice carpet of green grass in this place. They sat down, about five thousand of them. Then Jesus took the bread and, having given thanks, gave it to those who were seated. He did the same with the fish. All ate as much as they wanted.
12-13 When the people had eaten their fill, he said to his disciples, “Gather the leftovers so nothing is wasted.” They went to work and filled twelve large baskets with leftovers from the five barley loaves.
14-15 The people realized that God was at work among them in what Jesus had just done. They said, “This is the Prophet for sure, God’s Prophet right here in Galilee!” Jesus saw that in their enthusiasm, they were about to grab him and make him king, so he slipped off and went back up the mountain to be by himself.

Interesting Reads - 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feeding_the_multitude

http://blog.adw.org/2012/07/what-are-your-five-loaves-and-two-fishes-a-meditation-on-the-gospel-of-the-17th-sunday-of-the-year/

Music Video -  

Patti LaBelle If I Can Help Somebody 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5G-4bHHdMg

This song says,
If I can help somebody, as I pass along,
If I can cheer somebody, with a word or song,
If I can show somebody, how they’re traveling wrong,
Then my living shall not be in vain.
If I can do my duty, as a good man ought,
If I can bring back beauty, to a world up wrought,
If I can spread love’s message, as the Master taught,
Then my living shall not be in vain
.

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=K7D66PNX

Five Loaves and Two FIshes. 
By Corrinne May.
A little boy of thirteen was on his way to school.
He heard a crowd of people laughing and he went to take a look.
Thousands were listening to the stories of one man.
He spoke with such wisdom, even the kids could understand.
The hours passed so quickly, the day turned to night.
Everyone was hungry but there was no food in sight.
The boy looked in his lunchbox at the little that he had.
He wasn't sure what good it'd do, there were thousands to be fed.
But he saw the twinkling eyes of Jesus.
The kindness in His smile.
And the boy cried out.
With the trust of a child.
he said:
"Take my five loaves and two fishes.
Do with it as you will.
I surrender
Take my fears and my inhibitions.
All my burdens, my ambitions.
You can use it all to feed them all".
I often think about that boy when I'm feeling small.
And I worry that the work I do means nothing at all.
But every single tear I cry is a diamond in His hands.
And every door that slams in my face, I will offer up in prayer.
So I'll give you every breath that I have.
Oh Lord, you can work miracles.
All that you need is my "Amen".
So take my five loaves and two fishes.
Do with it as you will.
I surrender
Take my fears and my inhibitions.
All my burdens, my ambitions.
You can use it all.
I hope it's not too small.
I trust in you.
I trust in you.
So take my five loaves and two fishes.
Do with it as you will.
I surrender
Take my fears and my inhibitions.
All my burdens, my ambitions.
You can use it all.
No gift is too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment