Translate

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Backyard Missionary, who me!

The lord placed it in my heart years ago that I could speak of his love and guidance as a missionary without ever leaving home. I had thought that this was crazy, cause in my mind, a missionary was someone who went off to another country to speak the message about the lord. He has placed it in my heart again to explain what it means to my understanding of a "backyard missionary" 

Webster's define a missionary as a person undertaking a mission and especially a religious mission. Well what is a mission it is a body of persons sent to perform a service or carry on an activity: a specific task with which a person or a group is charged. Now Jesus gave his disciples including us in:
Mark 16:15
New Living Translation (NLT)
15 And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.

When the lord says the world, he did not mean I have to go across the world from my own country to spread his message. There are many people that we meet everyday that don't know the wonderful and mighty words of our lord, right in my neighborhood. 

Every time we speak his name to someone we are obeying his command and doing his mission for us. 

Hallelujah praise the lord! So when you think you are not a missionary for the lord think again, cause as long as you preach his word, do activities in your community to the world of people around you are! 


No comments:

Post a Comment